Relaxing in your yard is a pleasure that many homeowners get to enjoy, but there are some things that can get in the way. If you live in hotter climates, the midday sun can prevent you from relaxing in your yard without risking your health. This is where shade structures come in.
A shade structure is for anyone who wants some protection from the elements. They can block out the sun, limit wind, and even cover you from rain. You can relax all day, children can play when it is hot, and you can enjoy your yard long into the night.
We have built standalone shade structures all over the Eugene area, creating standalone structures in yards and adding them to existing decks and patios too. We know how to make them work best for your yard and the weather in Eugene.
If you need some extra shade in your yard or protection from any of the other elements, give us a call today and make sure that you are taking full advantage of your outdoor areas.
Request A Free Estimate
What You Should Know About Shade Structures...
Shade structures are about more than just blocking out the shade. Sure, they will limit sun exposure, critical for small children, and beneficial for everyone, but they will also block out the other elements too.
A shade structure will allow you to use your outdoor area even when it is raining or snowing, and the structure will block any high winds, protecting furniture and other outdoor items. No matter the weather, a shade structure will keep you protected.
They will also become a focal point of your yard, and a well-built shade structure will add beauty to a plain yard, while also blending with the aesthetics of a busy yard. Situate it in the middle of your yard to house furniture for entertaining, or hide it away in some trees for a perfect place for kids to play.
To Hire Us
At Eugene Deck Builders, our goal is to build decks and shade structures in Eugene and surrounding Lane County areas.
Reasons why you should choose us:
1. With decades of experience, we’ve seen it all when it comes to deck building and can handle anything.
2. Unlike many contractors, we actually answer the phone and always act professional.
3. Nobody is more experienced at building outdoor living spaces for the whole family.
Benefits Of Installing A Shade Structure In Your Yard
When you install a shade structure in your yard, you increase the value of your home. A shade structure only offers benefits without taking up any noticeable space. It may have a large footprint, but the space within is only functional.
A structure will protect you from the wind, rain, sun, and more. You can relax easier, and let your family enjoy your yard without risk of sun exposure.
Get A Free Estimate
Best Practices For Shade Structure Installation
- Where do you need shade: A shade structure is there to protect you from the sun. Before you install a shade structure, you should know which area of your yard is used the most and where the sun hits it. There is no point in installing a shade structure if it does not shade you from the sun. Plan where the structure is going to go and then plan the type of structure that you want.
- Functionality: With a shade structure, you want to plan what will happen within. A shade structure for entertaining guests is far different from one that will be used for kids to play under. If your shade structure is to be set up for one activity, be sure that it can accommodate that and, if you want the shade structure to be multifunctional, be sure that it is designed to cope.
- Design: Your shade structure mainly falls into one of the following two categories: a structure that blends in with the surroundings or one that is a focal point of your yard. To blend in, look at the materials and colors that are in your yard, and match the design to those. For a structure that will be a focal point, choose the design that mimics your personality or the function of the shade structure.
We Install Shade Structures In The Following Areas
Eugene, Springfield, Coburg, Cottage Grove, Creswell, Dunes City, Florence, Junction City, Lowell, Oakridge, Veneta, Westfir, Goshen, Franklin, Alvadore, Elmire, Veneta, Crow, Hadleyville, Pleasant Hill, Danebo, and most of Lane County.
If you would like to inquire if we service your area, please call (541) 275-2337